Join The MAC Panel Team
MAC Panel Company is a manufacturer of quality interconnection products marketed primarily to customers in a test or measurement environment. The majority of product is both designed and manufactured at the primary facility in High Point, North Carolina. For well over 50 years MAC Panel has provided connectivity solutions to customers worldwide in both military and commercial applications. With the support of numerous global offices, roughly 40% of product is exported.
Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the Production, Purchasing, Sales Managers; the Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer researches, plans, designs, develops and conducts tests on electronic cables/harnesses and mechanical assemblies and/or systems. Other responsibilities include the design of test control apparatus and equipment, evaluation of operational systems and recommendation of design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Confer with production, test, purchasing and sales to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
• Confer with management, production, sales and purchasing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demands for new and existing products.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, and customer requirements.
• Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing specifications.
• Proficiency in 3D parametric modeling is required; Autodesk Inventor expertise is a plus.
• PCB design experience is a plus.
• Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary.
• Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical and mechanical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
May draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub assemblies.
• Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
• Modify design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues.
• Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to work instructions and other related documents.
• Design and plan the layout of electro-mechanical assemblies to customer requirements; communicating details with Manufacturing and Quality.
• Direct testing of products and systems on first run items.
• Communicates and updates estimates, schedules, reports, and documents based on revisions and changes to the project.
• Conducts a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and strong conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
• Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage project schedules.
• A commitment to excellence and exemplary internal and external customer service.
• Ability to understand complex problems and collaborate with others to provide effective solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Engineering degree (ME or EE) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or related field.
• At least 5 years related engineering experience with specific experience in cable/harness manufacturing and design. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
• Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists. Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
Send Your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org